Booking Conditions 2017/18
Reservations of The Barn whether made by email, telephone, fax, in person, in writing or from the internet are accepted by Paul Stevenson and Susanna Stevenson, hereinafter referred to as Paul and Susanna, on the following conditions.
1. CONTRACT OF HIRE – The hiring contract will be between you the Hirer and Paul and Susanna and shall be deemed to be made subject to these Conditions of Hire and governed by English Law. The Contract of Hire is not effective until Paul and Susanna despatch to the Hirer written confirmation of the booking (by post or email). The contract is for the hire of The Barn for holiday purposes only. We do not accept bookings from Hirers under 18 years of age.
2. INITIAL PAYMENT – Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt by Paul and Susanna of the required deposit payment of 20% of the total holiday cost, comprising property rental and any additional charges – e.g. pets, cleaning etc. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the holiday commencement date, the full accommodation rental will be required at the time of booking. Deposits can be paid by bank transfer or cheque.
3. BALANCE PAYMENT – The Balance of the Hire will be due for payment eight weeks before the holiday commencement date. On receipt of the Balance Payment, advice of key collection arrangements and directions to the property will be sent to the Hirer. Paul and Susanna reserves the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received less than 28 days before the holiday commencement date. In this case the deposit paid on the booking is non-returnable.
4. METHOD OF PAYMENT – Cheques should be made payable to Paul and Susanna Stevenson. Bank details will be supplied after the initial confirmation of booking.
5. VALUE ADDED TAX – VAT is not currently applicable on the hire of The Barn.
6. CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING – Once Paul and Susanna have issued a Confirmation of Booking, the Hirer is responsible for the total published price of the property and extras as shown on the confirmation. Amendments to bookings, where applicable, may be subject to an administration fee (see section 8). Paul and Susanna reserve the right to adjust prices quoted in the brochure, on our website or on details to properties, due to errors or omissions or changes in VAT.
7. BOOKING CANCELLATION / NO-SHOW – If you are forced to cancel your holiday you must inform Paul and Susanna immediately. Paul and Susanna reserve the right to keep a percentage (up to 100%) of the rental charge depending on the circumstances surrounding the cancellation, the time left before the rental start date and the likelihood of obtaining a replacement rental for the period you have cancelled. In all cases of cancellation the initial payment/deposit is forfeited. For this reason Paul and Susanna strongly recommend that you take out some form of holiday rental or cancellation insurance policy (try this link to a Google search for examples) which may cover the cancelation charge (your chosen policy will detail what the terms of cover are). Cancellation refunds will be looked at on each cases individual circumstances.
8. BOOKING CHANGES – If you need to change your booking you must inform Paul and Susanna immediately. If its possible to accommodate the change Paul and Susanna will do their best to help. Obviously changes to rental weeks may involve additional or reduced rental charges. Any increase in charges will need to be paid immediately and reductions will be refunded as soon as possible. Multiple changes will incur additional administration charges of £20 per change. If Paul and Susanna are unable to change the booking date for any reason (pre-existing rentals etc.) the change will be treated as a cancellation.
9. PETS – Pets are charged at a non-refundable rate of £25 per animal, per week. Under no circumstances will pets be allowed into a property without our prior knowledge and payment made in advance. Pets, where permitted, are to be kept under control and exercised off the premises. Pets must not be allowed in the bedrooms or on the furniture or left unattended in the property at any time. You are responsible for removing as much pet hair as possible from the property on the departure date. Additional cleaning charges required to remove excess pet hair will be charged to you. Please note that the garden and field are not completely enclosed or considered secure for pets.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT REFUND, IF IN BREACH OF ANY PART OF THIS CONDITION.
10. AMENITIES – The use of The Barn and amenities, where offered, is entirely at the users’ risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to users’ or visitors’ belongings. However, Paul and Susanna do not seek to exclude or limit legal liability for the negligence of their servants or agents.
11. PARTY NUMBERS – In no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons as stated in the brochure or website occupy a property. Paul and Susanna reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Only those listed on the booking may occupy the premises. The person who completes the booking, i.e. the lead name, certifies that he or she is authorised to agree to the Booking Conditions on behalf of all members of the party, including any changes. The lead name must be over 18 years and a member of the party occupying the property. The lead name agrees to take responsibility for all members of the party. Paul and Susanna reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties that may in their opinion (and at their sole discretion) be unsuitable for the Barn.
12. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES – For the whole of the period included within your booking, you will be responsible for The Barn and will be expected to take all reasonable care of it. The property details aim to give accurate descriptions of the properties. Should there be any specific health or mobility difficulties which may affect a party member; this must be pointed out at the initial reservation stage so that the suitability of the property can be assessed. The property and all equipment and utensils must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. At no time should a pet be left alone unsupervised at the property. The property must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure.
13. DAMAGE – All damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of you, the Hirer, and should be notified to Paul and Susanna before the end of your holiday. The cost of damage or breakages shall be payable on demand. Normally, minor damage or breakages will not be charged but in circumstances where extra cleaning is required or there has been breakage or damage beyond what is reasonably to be expected, Paul and Susanna reserve the right to charge you for any additional costs incurred as a consequence and may, at their discretion, refuse further bookings.
Should you find on arrival any damaged or non-working items, they must be reported to the Paul and Susanna immediately, so that matters can be rectified. Paul and Susanna or their representative have the right to enter the property (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out). Any Damages/Security Deposits charged by Paul and Susanna and administered by the Paul and Susanna themselves or by their representative or agents will be cashed on receipt to allow for bank clearance and reimbursed promptly after the holiday (less any penalties which may be incurred). Paul and Susanna reserve the right to request payment of a security deposit should it be deemed necessary by them. Paul and Susanna reserve the right to repossess The barn at any time, where you or any member of your party has caused damage. Paul and Susanna shall not be liable to make a refund of any remaining portion of the hire terms paid.
14. COMPLAINT PROCEDURE – If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive, Paul and Susanna must be notified immediately, so that investigation can be carried out and any necessary action taken. All complaints must be notified to Paul and Susanna immediately so that they can investigate the circumstances, and take any necessary action. In no circumstances can compensation be made for any complaints that are made after the hire has ended, or where the Hirer has denied Paul and Susanna, their representative or agents the opportunity to try to put matters right during the Hirer´s stay.
15. LITERATURE – Paul and Susanna take every care to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions. All information on our website (and in any brochure) is given in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of being published or going to press, but Paul and Susanna cannot be held responsible for changes beyond their control, which may become known after publication of this literature or web pages. In addition, whilst we describe properties as non-smoking or no pets, this cannot be guaranteed. The description of The Barn shows what amenities that property has but generally does not state what is not in the property. Please be aware that The Barn is advertised as having an enclosed garden, this does not necessarily mean a secure garden. It may be enclosed by hedging or open style fencing. Further, Paul and Susanna cannot accept liability for happenings outside their reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or the Owner’s negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident.
16. LEGAL – In the event of any dispute between parties it shall be governed by the jurisdiction of the English courts only and any actions shall be heard in the court for the area in which Paul and Susanna live unless otherwise agreed between the parties. However, it is hereby agreed and declared that all reasonable endeavours will be used to resolve the dispute arising between you and Paul and Susanna without immediate recourse to litigation. If not mutually resolved, it is further agreed that all reasonable endeavours will be used to resolve the dispute by a formally recognised alternative dispute resolution process i.e. mediation, arbitration or expert determination. In default of such agreement, the process and appointment of the independent professional will be determined by the President for the time being of the Law Society or the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. In either case, all parties will contribute equally to the expense of such process, and, in default these expenses shall be capable of being recovered in any subsequent litigation.
17. AVAILABILITY – The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that the Barn and its facilities as published will be available for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that a property is not available through events arising outside the control of Paul and Susann, then Paul and Susanna may be forced to cancel the booking. The Hirer will be advised as early as possible. The Hirer will be entitled to a refund of all monies due. The Hirer will not as a result have any further claims against Paul and Susanna. Please note that reservation requests taken via our website or email are not confirmed bookings until we have contacted you and accepted a payment.
These Booking Conditions supersede all previous issues.